Individuals possessing a ferocious appetite for all matters regarding the character of his or her food and drink: it's locality, production, facts, history, lore, anecdotes and more.
Insatiable Beast Code: Our ethos for good food living
1. We want real food. This is food that uses thoughtfully grown ingredients and would be recognized by beasts like us as food—i.e. foods containing ingredients that we are 1) familiar with, and 2) we can pronounce (we are beasts after all.)
2. We ask questions, seek and share information. The story behind the food and where it comes from and how it is made is not only fascinating and entertaining but also just plain smart.
3. We seek local goodness. Local tends to be fresher, better on the environment, more interesting and unique. Not to mention local is made by insatiable artisans that are committed to their communities and craft.
4. We get dirty. We cook. We garden. We play home artisan. Getting ourselves dirty isn’t just a part of being an insatiable beast but of understanding our food and contributing to our ideals. These moments allow for some disasters but primarily provide us with wisdom about food. Wisdom we share.
5. We travel and stay social. We borrow from other food cultures. Insatiable beasts are everywhere and we pay close attention to how other cultures eat, as well as what they eat. We celebrate the diversity of cultures and know that meals bind us all.
6. We try everything. The hope is the greater the diversity of food and drink we have, the more diverse those fields will be which means healthier soils, healthier plants and animals and, eventually a healthier, more informed us.
Ultimately, what one eats is a personal choice. It’s all connected and that we know. If you are informed, then we have done our part, as an informed decision is anything but beastly.